Tuesday 10 January 2012

Personal Statement

 
The brief given was motion and movement so I decided to go down the light movement route. The concept I started with was candles and the movement of the flame and the movement of the wax. From there I developed my idea into light movement. I found work by Gabriel Dawe and progressed from there. I experimented with weaving, knitting, string art and watercolour painting. I think that the weaving and knitting made me realise that I could really experiment with different materials. 
 
I loved doing the string art with the boxes and the “light” board. For me, there's something exciting about how string creates it's own form. The string represented the light in my case and it creates an illusion that is similar to UV lights. When I got to use the UV paint and UV light that just made the project get a whole lot better for me.

The project developed into more abstract pieces that I thoroughly enjoyed doing. At the beginning I did the work but I didn't enjoy the work as much as I could have. Towards the end I began to really get excited about the work. From about the stages of the boxes onwards.


Light movement – light and shadow - UV lights – shapes that light creates when thrown out in straight line – representing light through watercolours, sequins and tinfoil

No comments:

Post a Comment