Monday 22 October 2012

Research Project


On the 18th of October our class went on a research trip to Dublin. We had our brief which was to find six different trends for Fall 2012 that can be seen in the top, middle and mass markets.My six trends were; Oxblood, Peplum, Statement Pants, Animal Motifs, Fabric Blocking (Menswear) and little girls wearing similar clothes to Kate Middleton (kidswear). We were dropped off at TWI, the fabric store, and we got to find our swatches and trimmings upstairs. From there we were free to find our way around Dublin City Centre and the shops that we were told to go to, especially the more top market shops as we don't have them in Limerick. I went to Costume, Bow, Smock, Arnotts, BT2, Topshop and Forever 21, to name a few.
 
I think that my trends were very concise and so if I found something to do with my trends, you could definitely see why it defined my chosen trend. The hardest part of the trip was trying not to look shifty while taking photographs because I wasn't sure if I was actually allowed to take them or not, especially in the middle market shops because I did inquire in the top market shops whether I could take photos or not. Many of these shops were obliging and had no problem with me taking pictures.
 
The end result we had to come up with was due today and we had to have six booklets, one for each trend, and a moodboard to go with each trend. We had to have a trend statement, research and collage, fabrics and trimmings and silhouette reports in each of the trend booklets. It was an interesting project because I had to really focus on what was "bang on trend" and not just flit through magazines and blogs. In the following posts I will go through each trend chosen and the trend statement I wrote with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment