Friday 19 October 2012

Double Decker - First Impressions

We were given the First Impressions brief on the 10th of September and went off and researched what would inspire our designs. I chose the themes Furniture, Interior Architecture and Transport. Now I must admit, I was hoping that Furniture or Interior Architecture would bring me on some interesting journeys, however I ended up choosing Transport. Something about the new London buses got me excited. I went onto the Red Viking Limerick Tour Bus and came out with some interesting pictures! So we got into our collages...through numerous sticks of Pritt Stick and many missed lunches...and onto our designing.
The pulling out shapes and the mixing and matching was good fun. It took a little while for me to get into it and to realise that I was the only one in control of my designs, colours and fabrics. But I really do like how slick the boards ended up looking as I really do think that presentation is just as important as the journey. We need to get into a habit of presenting professionally so that will help us in the future with interviews or if we end up getting into the fashion business. But... coming back from that tangent... Here is my Mood Board, Fabric Board, Colour Board and Illustration Boards for my 8 piece collection for Autumn/Winter 2012:
Mood Board

Fabric Board

Colour Board

Outfits One and Two

Outfits Three and Four

Outfits Five and Six

Outfits Seven and Eight

No comments:

Post a Comment